Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I have a Kenmore Series 70 gas dryer. It runs but it is not

I have a Kenmore Series 70 gas dryer. It runs but it is not drying well. Do I need to replace the heating element or a fuse? Thanks.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

does it heat but stops heating?
may i have the model number please?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your assistance Larry. Yes, my wife is telling me that it heats but then stops heating. I'll go check the model number.

It's 110.78712895.

thanks , start the dryer and go outside and tell me how hard the air is blowing out the vent duct please
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Air flow is good now. About a week ago I completely checked the duct, cleaned off the fan, cleaned out the lint trap compartment, and scrubbed the lint screen so that water could easily flow through it as well.
ok thanks ,,, replace the set of coils thats on the gas valve, you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you with the model number and they cost about $35 each but if you have time to order and wait here is a site you can get the set for under $20 ,, Glad i could help you with your problem so please be fair and press the accept button before you leave ,, thanks

click here to order the set online.
i see you have not press the accept button yet and I'm about to go off line so if you still have questions please ask now ,,, thanks