Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a maytag performa dryer and the lint trap is full and

I have a maytag performa dryer and the lint trap is full and the lint filter does not go all the way in. Can I remove the trap to clear it out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Yes you can, you'll need to take the entire front panel off to take the vent off. To access, use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel. These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel. If both clips are pushed back, the top panel will unclip and hinge up and backwards so that you can access the 2 screws coming from the inside of the dryer holding the front panel on. Remove the screws and the front panel will hinge forward and off.