Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My fridge keeps freezing everything in my fridge

My fridge keeps freezing everything in my fridge???
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Is everything in the refrigerator freezer or just a particular section? Also, I'm assuming you've tried to adjust the thermostat to make it warmer and that didn't work, correct?

What temperature does the display show?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
All shelves in the fridge..there is no thermostat in the fridge. There is a blue ball on the top back inside the fridge we have the model that has the controls outside in the middle between the top fridge and bottom freezer. It says the fridge is at 48 degrees. I am tring to send you pics but my files are to large????
that's ok, so if the refrigerator thinks that it's 48 degrees that means that your temperature sensor is faulty. The refrigerator is freezing because it thinks the refrigerator isn't cold enough so it is trying to get down to the correct temperature. Below is a link to the sensor you need to order and replace. This part is only about $5 and it's behind the back panel inside the refrigerator.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So how do I replace the faulty part? Is it usual for this to happen when the fridge is only 2 1/2 years old?
You need to pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel, then just unplug the old part and plug in the new part. It's unusual for the unit to cause a problem at 2.5 years, but not unheard of.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So your saying to replace the cooling sensor I need to take the back panel inside the freezer out and unplug the item and replace with new one?
sorry, no take the back panel off inside the refrigerator, not the freezer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
But how do you remove the inside back panel?
There are just plastic circular caps you need to pry out with a knife and then unscrew the screws behind them

Good luck.