Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a Maytag refrigerator not making ice. Water comes out

Customer Question

I have a Maytag refrigerator not making ice. Water comes out of door fine. I put in some water manually and it made ice so I believe the line is plugged or frozen. Is there 2 water valves for this model? And how can I access the line to see if it s frozen?
Maytag Model #MFI2568AES
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your ice maker...Once the ice froze did the ice dump into the ice bin...? If so you either have a frozen waterline or a faulty water valve..TO check this..You can remove the waterline at the valve..Blow into it..If you cannot blow into it then you have a ice blockage.Take a hair dryer to thaw the line..It will most likely be frozen at the fill area of the ice maker..Also please do not forget to use the accept option today before leaving..If you have any further questions i will be standing by..Thanks Bob
CLICK HERE FOR VALVE..In order to remove the waterline..Push in on the round color plastic tab..At the same time pull the line out..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes ice did drop into ice bin. Is there just the one tube that feeds the water dispenser and ice maker? Water dispenser works fine. I can only see a small portion of the tubing where it comes in at the bottom f the refrigerator. There is also an access door on top of the refrigerator where i Can see about 1 inch of the tubing. Is that where it goes into the ice maker?
YEs it goes to the back of the ice maker..The water valve is at the bottom back side of refrigerators..Once you remove the panel you can see the valve
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
On this model the tube comes in at the back and then goes up inside the refrigerator I cannot see where the tubing goes. I removed all the panels and did not see valve. I could see the compressor and fan and drain pan.
Go to the back of unit..Follow the waterline from the home to the fridge..It will end up at the water valve.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i found out from another appliance repair blog that the water valve is inside the refrigerator on the back wall. I went and looked and sure enough that is where you can access it from. I am not going to attempt taking it apart as it looks like it snaps in place some how. I will call a repair man Monday to come take a look.

Yes on this unit is inside the fridge...First try turning down the temperature inside the fridge...The waterline can be disconnected at the valve..By pushing in on the colored round ring..At the same time pull the line out while pushing in..You really are more concerned with the fill tube area of the ice maker..Take a flashlight ..Shine it at the fill tube where it enters the ice maker...You can also take a hairdryer and thaw the fill tube from the ice maker side..Which would keep you from having to remove the valve .