Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

have a lg tromm WM2277HW washer. this afternoon error oE was

Customer Question

have a lg tromm WM2277HW washer. this afternoon error oE was noted at 21 min mark.
removed water via from front drain started wash second time oE was noted, again at 21 mark
removed water from drain, 3rd time started was no progress(rinse or spin) past 21 mark -
slight grinding noise not sure what is to happen next, call LG appliance repairman most likely
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your washer..IF you have cleaned the drain pump filter..Then that sound you heard is the drain pump..Either there is something stuck in it..Or faulty all together...If you are handy it is a simple fix to replace...Even simpler if you have not already cleaned the pump..ALso please do not forget to use the accept option before leaving today.If you have any further questions i will be standing by.Thanks bob
Please accept my answer or let me know if you have any further questions..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bob, sorry but I had to leave for Church this evening and was not available when the response arrived. Regarding the pump. I did not clean the pump as of yet, so my next question is how to do this. If you can provide your expertise and guidance it would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks, Mike
No problem at all...TO clean the pump..Open the small door at the bottom lower left front of washer..You will see a small rubber hose..Take a bucket..Or if you have a shop vac..Take the hose put into the bucket...This will drain the water out..If you have a shop vac..Put the small hose into the end of the shop vac hose..Turn the vac on...Either way once you have the drum drained..Then remove the filter cap .(the round cap next to the small rubber hose)...Clean it out and see what happens from there...If this does not fix the problem then most likely the pump is faulty..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

how does one replace the pump, all cleaning and draining failed to produce any visable blockage

Does the drain pump come on at all..?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the water remains in the drum. only way to remove is with opening the tube or removing the drain plug
The pump can be remove from underneath..Tilt the washer back...Remove hoses and mounting bolts..Pull pump out...Click on the link below for a full service manual for this unit..This will give you a better idea.From what you are describing sounds like a drain pump ...That is if you checked all drain hoses for blockage...If you are getting water by removing the drain cap then yes it is most likely a faulty drain pump motor..If you have any further questions please let me know ...Thanks Bob

CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bob, thanks for all of your help. will attempt to complete the removal and installation of new pump. will let you know how it turns out .
No problem at all....Thanks Bob