Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

For Amana Distinctions, Model DRS 2662A Ice melted. No water

For Amana Distinctions, Model DRS 2662A: Ice melted. No water at dispenser. Have not heard compressor run. Power is on (lights).

Is a schematic available and where should the first check be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 3 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

slide out the fridge, remove the back and feel of the compressor (large black dome) and tell me if it feels cool, warm or hot plus if the fan beside it is blowing ,, thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Compressor is warm. No fan. Turned freezer switch off, then on, I heard slight relay click, but no fan or compressor.

How can I check the starter switch?

Trying to find schematic online. The one behing fridge is difficult to read.

try spinning the fan and see if it will start running please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did that already. Turns freely but no response.
the clicking you were hearing, was it coming from the side of the compressor (relay)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe so. Very slight click from side of compressor.

the overload and relay is bad and the fan motor runs though it also which is why its not blowing ,, replace the part and it will be ok ,, the part number for the start device is(NNN) NNN-NNNNwhich cost about $25 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,, thanks
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The part number 2319793 is not for the Amana per Amana parts dealer. Is this the relay or overload, or a kit that contains both?
its a kit that contains both parts ,, thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dealer says it will not be compatible with Model No. DRS2662AC. And gives two different parts numbers for each component. Should I believe them?
this is the part it shows with your model number but if you want the others instead they are part number 10377023
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Replaced comp starter and overload. Still did not work. Hired technician. He said timer was bad. Paid a lot more than necessary to just answer. Not very happy right now.