Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

Hi, I have an LG LSC26905TT side by side fridge. About a

Customer Question

I have an LG LSC26905TT side by side fridge. About a month ago the ice was clumping in large masses and would not come out. There was build a up of defrost, so my hubby defrosted it and things were working well. A couple of days ago we noticed that there was no ice in the ice maker and the ice cream was soft. It is possible that the fride side is not as cool as it needs to be. Can you tell me how to trouble shoot the problem? My hubby is very handy, but knows nothing about fridges.

Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 3 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your fridge..The fridge gets its colling from the freezer via the freezer fan..More than likely you have a defrost problem..If your husband does not no much about refrigerators he might have a tuff time troubleshooting without the service manual..I can send you a down loadable manual if you would like..It will show you how to troubles shoot step by step..Also please do not forget to use the accept option before leaving today..Thanks Bob
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure if my answer came through. Yes, please send us the manual and he can get started.

Thanks!

This will be of big help for you to figure out the problem..CLICK HERE...Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got it! Now what? Thanks!

You would need to start from the beginning..In the trouble shooting...Have you noticed the frost on the freezer INSIDE back wall...? Is the freezer fan running...?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The first time there was a ton. We have not taken the back wall off yet, but there is a little frost on the outside of the wall. Safe to say that it is inside the wall as well? We do not hear a fan noise. Is it pretty noticable?

Hold the door switch down with the door open...The frost buildup is either the fan not running..Or a problem with the defrost heater circuit..Most common on this unit is the defrost thermostat....It needs to be tested with a simple test meter,,,If you say you have defrosted the unit and it worked for awhile..Then this is most likely the problem...The thermostat (bi Metal)..is located behind the INSIDE wall
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When we hold the door switch down the fan comes on. Where is the defrost thermostat located? Do we need to order this part?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The fridge portion is not cooling either. We put our meat thermo in the fridge & it said it was 70 degrees.
That means the fan motor is ok..GReat..More than likely the defrost thermostat is the problem..You will need to remove the INSIDE wall to freezer and test the thermostat First to make sure...Unless you just want to take a chance and buy the part and replace it..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have searched the manual for the location of the defrost thermostat and it does not list one only a defrost sensor. Are they the same thing? and where is located behind the panel? I have removed the back panel and can see the coils etc. There are not any removable parts other than the caoils back there. Do have a pic or exploded view of where it would be?
Yes that is it..
Scroll down to page 160..The sensor is #400a...There is a complete picture view of all the parts at the bottom of the download..Pages #142 on
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is nothing resembling that part in or aronud the coils. I found the part on partsdirect.com. Part # 6615JB2002R (is that the right part#). No one seems to have it locally. They list it as 401a - controller. Where is located behind the coils?
#400a....CLICK HERE FOR PART
Same part yes thats it..It will be tucked into the wiring at the coils..

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here