John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a GE potscrubber 650 dishwasher. When I turn the dial

I have a GE potscrubber 650 dishwasher. When I turn the dial to start, it sounds like it is trying to pump out water, even though there is no water (this goes on for + 1 minute) ... I didn't let it go to long because I was worried about running the pump dry. If I manually move the dial it will start operating, but at later parts of the cycle it seems to get stuck again trying to pump out contents when it's empty.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Hi I'm John I will help you with the problem.

Some of the G E models have a drain solenoid that can get stuck, send me the model number I will look if yous has that solenoid please.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
... I thought GSD650TBH/WB was the model number. Unfortunately, I am not near the dishwasher so I can't give you more than that. It's about 15-16 years old. The dishwasher is able to drain.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

The number 426 in the breakdown is the plunger for the drain solenoid what happens is the solenoid gets burnt not allowing the plunger to move up and down if thats the case replace the drain solenoid .

Let me know if thats the problem.

if it isn't we can check further.

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
The bottom panel has to be removed to check this solenoid.