Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

my kenmore elite dishwasher door wont latch. The handle has

my kenmore elite dishwasher door won't latch. The handle has no resistance to it. I took off the front top panel and see nothing broken.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

When you shut the door does it stop about 1/2 and inch short and feels like it's hitting something but the door just won't shut?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no it pushes the strike latch on the top of the drum which holds the door shut. The hankle on the door has no resistance to it. The bolt latch stays up causing the door not to latch. Is the something that causes the bolt latch to drop down so as not to disengage from the strike latch.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok, then you just need a new door latch assembly unfortunately. You won't see anything broken, but the spring isn't shutting the latch to lock the striker into place. Replace the latch assembly that the handle is attached to and you'll be good to go again.