Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

hello, I was cleaning my ge profile jgp933bek2bb with soap

hello, I was cleaning my ge profile jgp933bek2bb with soap and water this morning when an odd thing happened. Two of the electrodes started to arc and haven't stop since. What's wrong?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

you got water down inside the top and its causing the spark module to fire , in most cases like yours this will dry out and stop sparking,90% of the time, unless you did damage to the module. # XXXXX ojn this diagram, its located under the top. if you unplug this overnight it will probably dry out and work properly, if not you will need to replace it. hope this helps, thanks Bryan

thank you, if you have any other questions just come back and ask, Bryan