Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Bosch 500 series model appeares to be leaking from the

My Bosch 500 series model appeares to be leaking from the bottom of the washer not the connections to the washer or the hose lines. I checked these... this is a maasive amount of washer, not just a little leak. what or how can I trouble shoot?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you get us the full model # ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>wfmc3301uc    /09/fd8709902609</p><p>BOSCH nEXXT 500 SERIES WASHER</p>
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

there are two things you need to check. 1 the water inlet valve. and 2 the drain pump and also the hoses going to both. below is a link to all the diagrams , this will help you find the leak. link thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The leak start once it starts filling... 30 seconds or so after start. It somewhere inside.
It is not at the water line entering the machine on the outside back.

Also how do I open the back... all those screws?

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
it has to be in the fill valve or the dispenser. you need to remove the top of the machine to get to these. there should be screws along the back to do that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
do you have any manuals or instructions for this?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
I can send diagrams but the database is down right now. I'll try again later.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hey Bryan, Can you send the diagrams and pictures yet?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
sorry click this link and it will take you to all the diagrams. link let me know what you find, check all the hoses and lines to the dispenser and pump.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

Wow... I have a hole in the White Drum (the size of my thumb). Facing the back of the washer this hole is in the bottom left of the drum. Water is pouring out of this hole as the tub starts to fill.

It appears to have melted though near where the part 0331 is bolted into 0317... Maybe some circutry?

Have you heard of this problem? any ideas if any resolution with Bosch? Unfortunately this is 3- 4 years old.

Thanks or your help.

jim

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
0331 is the heating element, and 0317 is the drum assembly, the heater must have overheated and burned through the tub. this i8s a huge job and expensive, you may want to consider replacing the waher at this point. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.