Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

What if the other half of the agitator does not come off

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you get us the full model # ? thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The full model number is

(P) HAV4657EWW

is this what you have off so far? Main Product View
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes.
Okay there should be a bolt below that you have to remove to get the bottom agitator piece off have you remove that bolt yet? Part number 4 on this diagram,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, now I need to remove number 14
Okay well the agitator is actually stuck, the bolt is the only thing holding it down, it's probably a lot of buildup underneath that's sticking it like glue, you need to get your hands under it and pull really hard to get this free, all the gunk from the washer it's down around the shaft spline in almost glues thing to the transmission shaft spline, this does pull off if you can't get it to pull off you may need to buy a tool called and agi-tamer, this is a tool we use to remove the agitator's when they get stuck like that,graphicthis can be expensive however so if you can get it off without you will save yourself a lot of money, this tool slides under the agitator and connects to one of your water lines and then you turn it on in it fills with water and pushes the agitator off, if you are lucky you may have a repair shop nearby that can lend you one of these, if not here is a place to purchase one if you wish, http://www.agi-tamer.com/ you've done everything right except it's just stuck at this point, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. I will try my best to get it off, or go to the nearest hardware store to get a agi-tamer.
ok, thanks Bryan