Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.
11470909

I have a Frigidaire Washer, model ATF6000FS1 and it will not

I have a Frigidaire Washer, model ATF6000FS1 and it will not perform the final spin cycle. It stops and there is still water in it as well and just hums. Any suggestions on what may be wrong? Also, is there a way to override what is wrong so I can spin my clothes and empty the water? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alan replied 6 years ago.

Hi Sir or Madam, Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today.

You may have a bad door lock or a bad motor control board. Put the washer in spin mode and let run for about 60 seconds, then turn it off and try to open the door right away. If it opens then you have a bad door lock assembly. If it doesn't open then you need to make sure there is not anything in the pump. Check to see if it pumps out at all. If it doesn't then take the back off and get to number 40 in this picture and see if it is full of stuff. If all of this checks ok you have a bad motor control board and it wont let it go into high speed spin.