Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.

We have a 2year old Kenmore model(NNN) NNN-NNNN3504 S/N NF90324185

We have a 2year old Kenmore model(NNN) NNN-NNNN3504 S/N NF90324185 elecrrical range. During operation of the oven and range top we heard a pop noise and then the entire range (clock, light everything) stopped working immediately.

We immediately checked the house breaker box and found no breaker tripped. We then reset the range house breaker and still no results. After reviewing the range owners manual we found it offered no solutions.

Please advise me of what might have suddenly happened and how to repair it.

Thank you
Joe
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alan replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sir or Madam, Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be helping you today.

There are three thermo fuses located on the back of this range. They are parts 119, 219 and 219a in this picture. Check them all for continuity and replace the bad one.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I disconnected the wires to the thermos and checked two small two wires and one larger three wire thermo devices. Viewing from back side (#119) one small two red wires with terminals located at the 9 and 3 colock positions is the thermo? This one is located in upper right corner, another one small two purple wires with terminals at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions is the thermo? This (#219A) one is located 9" below the upper right one (#119) and just to the left. The third thermo (#219) one has three wires 1 black center at the 3 o'clock position and two red wires at 12 and 6 o'clock positions and is located upper left side about 9" down from top of the back frame. Are these the three thermo items you are talking about?

The upper right one (#119) with two terminal wires seems to have no continunity. The (#219A) has continunity. The next onethe three wire terminal one when I place the lead on the black terminal located at the 3 o'clock position to either red terminal at 12 and 6 o'clock positions has continunity.

Am I on the same page as you with my understanding?

Expert:  Alan replied 3 years ago.

The one with no continuity is the bad one.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

From your answer I am assuming that my discription of what I believed to be the locations and thermo devices are accurate? Yes or NO

Expert:  Alan replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I believe from your descriptions those we be the themostats.

Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ years in the appliance repair field.