Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

ARE ICE MAKER ELECTRICAL SCHEMATICS (WIRING DIAGRAMS) AVAI

ARE ICE MAKER ELECTRICAL SCHEMATICS (WIRING DIAGRAMS) AVAILABLE?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

I think I may have one of those. Give me a few minutes to look.

Barry
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
Click to enlarge the picture below. Let me know if I need to change the size of it.

Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Barry, The wiring diagram you sent is primarily for the ice dispensing portion of the ice making process. I'm looking for the wiring diagram for the portion of the process where the cubes are formed and pushed out of the mold into the dispensing unit. Is that wiring diagram available?
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
The physical ice maker and nothing more? If so the answer for that one is no. Are you needing to make it cycle?

Barry
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
I am well trained with this icemaker and control. I can help you if you. Have you measured voltage at the ice maker and found that you only have 50 volts?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
50 volts at what points? The eject motor is 120 volts.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
I have a step by step that works. Its not complicated. The first thing in the circuit that is going to keep that ice maker from working is the sensors for the ice bin.

They have built in diagnostics. Look at the status indicator on the right door frame of the freezer. It should blink a sequence of 2 blinks then pause and repeat. Does that happen?

Over on the left is the emitter. Press the lever for the emitter without blocking the invisible beam that goes across. Does the light change to solid?

Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It does blink and it does go solid as I recall when the beam is not blocked. Is this when cubes are being created?
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
This will stop the ice maker if its not working properly. If it is blinking 2 times and then goes solid it is good.

The next place to go is to the ice maker.

Follow the instructions below to get the ice maker out.
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
View Full Image

In the picture below is the face plate. You will need to remove that. I know its not exactly the ice maker you have but yours comes off just as pictured.
graphic
View Full Image
View Full Image
View Full Image
View Full Image

Strip a small piece of insulated wire an put the ends into the holes marked T and H as pictured below.
graphic
View Full Image
View Full Image
View Full Image
View Full Image

Tape the door switch and emitter which is the lever to your left just like it would be if the freezer door was shut.

graphic
View Full Image

In a minute the ice maker should begin to cycle. If it does cycle let it turn about a quarter of the way around and remove the wire. AT THIS POINT IT MAY SPARK, then It should then continue on its own. If it cycles all the way around watch to see if water comes out of the fill tube. It should make one complete cycle and then stop. Let me know what you find.

Barry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Barry, The refrigerator is at my daughters home. I will do what you suggested tomorrow or Saturday. I appreciate all you have done. It appears the ice cube forming process is completely independent of the dispensing process. Thank You very much!! I do Accept Your Answer. Do I hit Accept after I send this reply to you?
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
Well yes you can but if you will save this page to your favorites I can help you saturday, its ok to ask followup questions and I will be here. Is there a computer over there you can use?

Barry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is a computer there. Will I be able to print out all of our communications on this subject? Just one more technical question. Is the water valve for the cube water 120 volts?
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
Usually around 105 volts AC. If you will follow the water line down the back of the refrigerator from the ice maker you will see that go into a double valve. Pull the electrical connector off that side of the inlet valve. Insert your meter probes so the meter is set up to read. Go around front and try to start the ice maker cycle. Once you get that going go around where the meter is. Near the end of one full rotation of the ice maker the voltage will be sent for around 2 seconds.

Ctrl+p should start the printer for this page. Save this to your favorites. Email it so you can get it from over there too. I will be here all day tomorrow and Saturday. Even after you click accept its ok. I would be happy to help if you need me too.

Barry