esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp

i have a sub zero refrigerator model 211rfd....I would have

i have a sub zero refrigerator model 211rfd....I would have to guess it's an old model. Just moved in a new home and it was here....house was built in the 50's and do not know if this is the original model.
It seems that my ice is melting and my ice cream has turned into soup, but the other items are still rock hard.

Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 3 years ago.

esequiel walker :

hi is the freezer on the bottom or is it one solid door

Customer:

bottom

esequiel walker :

the freezer is thawing out but the freshfood side is fine

Customer:

is this normal

esequiel walker :

what is the temp set at

Customer:

I can only see the themometer at the top and it's at 42

Customer:

Before I logged on, I turned the knob at the top of the unit to "colder." I just checked the freezer and my ice seems to be getting hard.

esequiel walker :

hi

esequiel walker :

your thermostat is malfunctioning

esequiel walker :

it sounds like its cutting off too soon and not allowing things to freeze up

Customer:

this thermostat is not built in....it's just hanging inside the UPPER part...

esequiel walker :

its on the top panel correct

Customer:

the thermostat is like a handheld therm...and it hangs from one of the shelves

Customer:

there is a round knob that is built in (upper part) and it was on #4...so I turned it to #7 to get colder

esequiel walker :
esequiel walker :

yes that the thermostat you will need to have the unit serviced as the freon level is an issue

Customer:

ok, that plug that is in the picture...where is that on my model

esequiel walker :

hi thats behind the panel where the thermostat sits

esequiel walker :

the big panel in the freshfood sidein the rear wall

Customer:

what is cost to have someone look at this

esequiel walker :

average around 50.00 service call

esequiel walker :

dep[ends where you live

Customer:

i'm in north jersey (NJ) do u know a company to call

Customer:

well there is a phone number on the fridge...will call tomorrow...thanks for your help

esequiel walker :

pressing accept pays me for my help thanks

esequiel walker :

good luck

Customer:

i know....I will accept...thanks...now I can sleep tonight.

esequiel walker :

goodnight

Experience: my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp