Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my whirlpool gold dry is turning on but getting stuck on sensor

my whirlpool gold dry is turning on but getting stuck on sensor and will not dry

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you get us the full model #?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model ggx9868jq2 ser num mm0801441 type bwsrnat1206006el22 propane

So it will not dry at all even on timed dry? Is it cool off on timed dry also and not dry the clothes?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes it will not dry fires at first then shuts down and will not start again it stays running but cools down

Okay you need to replace your gas valve coils, these are only about $18 and you can order at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Gas-Valve-Solenoid-Set/3479?modelNumber=GGX9868JQ2#repairHelpVideoTabs it also has a video there to show you how to replace them, this will take care of your issue, it's a very common problem with these machines after a few years of use they need to be replaced, thanks and well wishes, Bryan