MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician

I have a lg tromm steam washer model wm2487hwm that is giving

I have a lg tromm steam washer model wm2487hwm that is giving me a repeated te error code- I can get it to work for 5 or 6 loads, then it returns. I did have a service person come out and they replaced the thermistor- except what was replaced was on the top of the machine, not anywhere near where the thermistor is??? I saw you answered this question for another user, and the manual is very helpful, but I think I have a newer model and I'm wondering if you have that one available? Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.
The thermistor is by itself at the BOTTOM FRONT of the tub. It is easily seen by just looking up under the washer. It fits into a black rubber bushing and pulls right out. The wrong part was obviously replaced.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I know the wrong part was replaced, have purchased the new one and hope to install it tonight. I am hoping you can help me to do it correctly so I have a functioning machine again! I have read there are two possible correct places for a thermistor- one being the back of the tub and one in the front right bottom corner under the tub.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.

My reply has that info- reread it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Found thermistior. Removed and cleaned it (new part will be here in 45 min!) firing it up and hoping for the best! Any advice about the co who replaced wrong part?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
3 loads down- I'm calling it fixed!
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.

Advice was not accepted to my disappointment.