Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Good Morning... I have a Jenn-Air Double Oven Freestanding

Good Morning... I have a Jenn-Air Double Oven Freestanding Range. When I turned the knob on this morning to start the burner. I heard a big BAM and then the ticker wont turn off. I can get the burner to start but the ticking sound will not go off. It reams on when the burner is off. THe only was to get the sound off is by unplugging it. Could you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

This should be a few more letters at the end of your model number can you check that for me,? You need to get the model number off the range itself, it has more numbers than the book, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
JDR8895AAB/S/W

does that help?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Yes it does, what happened is you blue your spark module, it's part number 74009098 and on this diagram it is number 6 it's on the back of the range, it needs to be replaced you can order this at Sears at this link make sure your range has a flexible line on it so you can pull it out, unplug the range before replacing it, hope this helps thanks and well wishes, Bryan