Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My washer fills with water properly, then nothing happens.

My washer fills with water properly, then nothing happens. The Big knob with the cycle settings, moves properly by itself. When it reaches the spin cycle it drains and spins properly. It doesn't agitate and doesn't make any noise.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you resend the model number with a space between each number? He didn't come through, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
1-1-0-2-8-8-8-4-7-9-0
Okay I've got it, 110.28884790 let me take a look at your model will be back soon as I can, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No rush. I got to go to work. I will check back as soon as I can. Thanks

Okay I'll do what I can't find out what your problem is, I need to go over the diagrams in the electrical system, I will get back to you and hopefully we can get this running soon, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Bryan

Okay after looking at the diagrams electrical parts if this spins and drains it means the lid switch is good so we can eliminate that, your issue is gonna be the timer, the timer has contacts in it for different parts of the cycle, there is contact for fill, spin, drain, the contact that runs the agitate is burnt, so it doesn't send power to the motor to agitate, you will need to replace your timer, you can order the timer through Sears at this link as long as this fills and stops filling when it gets to whatever level you set it at and doesn't agitate the time will be the issue, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan