Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Samsung DV419AE dryer that about 1 year old. Everything

I have a Samsung DV419AE dryer that about 1 year old. Everything was working great until tonight. The control board appears to be working and when I select any setting, I can hear the various switches inside activating, but the dryer does not come on. The timer still works, just no drum rotation or heat. What should I check next?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

You need to check your thermal fuse in this, it's part number 1-8 on this diagram, this is located on the side of the heater assembly, if this fails the dryer will sound like it's kind start you hear clicking what not but it won't start, this is a safety fuse, this is by far the most common reason why this happens, you will need to take the dryer apart to get to the inside of it to test it with a meter, here is a link to show you how to test it once you get to it, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/1185515 you can also order it at the same link, thanks, Bryan