Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

i purchased a maytag centennial commercial technology washer

i purchased a maytag centennial commercial technology washer on 3/8/10 for $500.00 at sears in chicago. Last night 4/11/10, it would not spin out the water. i tried again this eveneing when i came home. i tried to just get it to do something. It started to wash and then stopped agitating and did nothing. it kind of sounds like it wants to, but it does not. I didnot purchase the extended warranty because I believed that Maytags were really well made and I would not have a problem with it when it is only 13 months old.
Sears wants 129.00 to walk in my door. That is ridiculous!
What do you suggest I do?
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.

can you give me the model number from the sticker under the lid or around the door please.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am on aol because the just answer is frozen on my computer.
Ok when the machine gets to the spin cycle does it just go dead or do you hear a buzzing noise?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
buzzing. sorry i had to go listen.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are you still there?
Ok sounds like you have something stuck in the pump since this is a direct drive machine. Pull the machine out from the wall and lean it back so that it rest against the wall under it's own weight. Then from under the machine you will see the pump hooked up to the motor. Pull the pipe that runs from the drain to the pump off and drain the water into a pan. Then disconnect the other drain pipe. next pop the clips off holding the pump to the motor and pull it off the motor. next check inside the pump for a sock or something similar. Once the blockage is clear you should be all set.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.