Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my washing machine cycle doesnt work w20jn1

my washing machine cycle doesn't work w20jn1
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you tell me more specifically what it's doing? Does it fill with water? And then not agitate?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it fills with water and no agitation then dial moves to spin cycle then work in spin cycle
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay give me a few minutes, I'll be back shortly a lot of take a look at a few things, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok will wait
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay if this spins it's not gonna be the lid switch, there are two possibilities here,1 the timer is bad, this is the most likely cause, 2 the motor itself is bad, the motor reverses direction to spin so it's possible the motor on the agitate direction the windings are bad, the problem is the parts are no longer available, neither the motor or the timer are available, I hate giving bad news but unfortunately the machine just too old to get parts for now, I would suggest getting a new machine, the best on the market today is the whirlpool direct drive top load washer with just a simple turn dial timer type, these run forever and when they do need a part the parts are available readily and cheaply, usually the biggest problem you have with these is the direct drive coupling breaks and that's only about 20 bucks and you can replace that yourself very simply, these have been the best machines on the market for the past 12 years and they're relatively cheap to buy, you can purchase one at Lowe's for as little as $249.00, I wish I had better news but unfortunately sometimes things just can't be repaired because the parts are no longer available, I hope this helps though, thanks and well wishes, Bryan