Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

maytag dishwasher start light blinking constant....does not

respond to resume or cancel...light... Show More
respond to resume or cancel...light still blinks when being power turned back on after power has been turned off
Category: Appliance
replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the start light does no turn solid when you press the start button, then you just have a faulty control panel start switch. You'll need to order and replace the control panel again.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.

i was afraid you would say that, but this is getting rediculus. How can the control panel go bad AGAIN, this time with different symptoms? There has got to be something causing this doesnt there?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 years ago.
no, I wouldn't say there is anything causing this except that this unit tends to have a lot of failures in general with the touchpad. I've personally replaced close to 100 of these touchpads---it's just not a great design.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
At $80 a pop, how many times do I change this part before I just by a new dishwasher. That won't be a Maytag.
That's hard to say. In general, I find that they typically last about 2 years or so if used regularly so which you determine that it's getting too expensive for the cost of the machine, I'd just replace it.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.

It has only been 2 months since I change it. Shouldn't that component be under some kind of warranty?

It should be under a 90 day warranty by the manufacturer, yes. You'll need to contact whoever you got the part from
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.

I just happend to still have the old control panel. I just switched them and the light no longer blinks, but it will not turn on. There is lights and a responce from the cycle button, but no response the start button. Any ideas now? Sounds like maybe the door switch?

The reason the panel was changed last time is because the soap dispenser quit opening during the cycle. So I know that the old panel should still allow the dishwasher to start up.

no, the control panel still needs to be replaced.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry, but that does not make much sense. The old one was working in the sense that the dishwasher operated and ran a cycle. It should still do that when I put the part back in right?
nope, there is no guarantee of that at all.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Answer was not accurate. I replaced the part in question with the old one that was already replaced (for other reasons, but still operated the dishwasher) and still did not work. I was told to replace that part, which clearly cannot be the issue.
You need to replace the touchpad with a NEW touchpad as stated before.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
please describe the difference between control panel and touchpad. First you stated control panel, now you are saying touchpad?
they are one in the same, it's the same part.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
what is the part that everything plugs into? (grey box)
That is the control board.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
is there any way to physically test this part? Continuity or voltage checks?
no there is not.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
how can i assure this component is bad and i am not wasting money? Sorry, I just am tired of dumping money in this thing.
you can't, you just need to replace the part as I stated before several times.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
how do i make sure the door switch checks out? what should the resistance be?
I already told you that isn't the problem. You'll need to start another question to ask a different question as I've responded to you 10 times telling you what to replace from the very beginning and you aren't even listening to what I'm saying. It also appears you asked a question in the past and did the same thing without accepting.

Have a nice day and good luck.