Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Re Frigidaire Dishwasher Model # XXXXX - The dishwasher

Re Frigidaire Dishwasher Model # XXXXX - The dishwasher won't start had a new switch installed and it still doesn't work. The repairman told us to hit the circuit breaker and it will start which it does and goes thru the cycle just fine. We use the energy cycle for drying. Could this be my circuit breaker problem or do you think it is the dishwasher. It works fine when we hit the breaker - but don't want to do that too often
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

After you reset the breaker does it run more than one load before you have to reset the breaker again? Or you just afraid it's gonna happen again?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We have to hit the breaker each time
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Well it seems that you may have a weak breaker, your not even using the heater in this correct? What it means you don't use the heat dry. It seems to me you breaker is shot, unless there is a short in the machine that's the only conclusion I can come up with, the circuit breakers are cheap they sell at Lowe's and they run about anywhere from $10-$15 so I would replace the breaker and see if that takes care of it, if however it trips a new breaker you have a short in the machine, then the technician will have to come back and find out where the problem is, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can I replace the breaker or do I have to have an electrician do it
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
To be honest if you've never done it you may want to have electrician do it, you have to actually open up the circuit breaker box and remove the cover inside which covers all the wires including the mains, if you're not sure how to do it I would have electrician do it for you, the good thing about calling electrician also is he can check the amperage being drawn by the dishwasher which will tell you whether you have a short in it or not, without knowing whether a new breaker will take care of it I can't really tell you if it's the machine or not, I wish I could just tell you exactly what the problem is but to me it seems like a weak breaker but without testing the amperage draw you won't know, hope this helps you, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.