Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a frigidaire gas stove model fgf316bsb oven wont

I have a frigidaire gas stove model fgf316bsb oven wont light the ignitor glowes red but the oven wont start ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Even though the igniter glows it's not drawing enough amps to open the safety valve, you will need to replace the igniter in this, this is an extremely common problem with these, you can't like this with the match because the safety won't open which allows the gas to flow, when the igniter gets weaker than it should be it will allow the gas valve to open and therefore it won't light, you can order this part at the following blue link or if you have a local appliance parts warehouse nearby you can pick one up there, here is the link if you want order this online, this will take care the issue, thanks and well wishes, Bryan