Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Good sir, I am working on a fridge model GST20IEMBWW and can

Good sir, I am working on a fridge model GST20IEMBWW and can not get the evap. fan motor to work. The motor is a good and there seem to power going to it 13.0vDC, what can be the problem or what else can I check. Thanks Rafael.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

This should be a 9.75 V DC motor is that what you got for it? Does he old motor say 9.75 DC?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The motor are the same 9.75 V DC
Okay but you getting 13 V DC correct? If so you're getting too much voltage and the moment you hook up it's gonna Fry the motor, you should be getting 9.7 V DC to the motor this means you have a board problem, this is an extremely common problem on these refrigerators, GE has had to redesign every one of these boards, they've had to do that four times, I realize this is not the answer you wanted to hear but unfortunately the board has failed, the bad part is you most likely fried the motor again, this is the board, you may need to replace both however, this board is located on the back of the refrigerator behind an 8 x 10" panel, it needs to be replaced, thanks, Bryan