Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

I have a Whirlpool Gold Accubake self-cleaning oven (super

capacity 465; new in 2000)... Show More
capacity 465; new in 2000). I attempted to set the self-clean for the oven yesterday, and it gave me a "E1-F5" message and the self-clean never activated. A few hours later I tried to use my oven for baking, and it locked the door and will not open no matter what I have tried. The food is still locked in the oven with the stove turned off.

How do I get the locked oven door to unlock? How do I set the oven for self-clean? What are the step-by-step instructions?
Category: Appliance
replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. F5-E1 means you have a bad door lock and need to replace it. In order to open the door you will need to slide s piece of card board between the door and the oven on the right. Then slide the cardboard to the left to push the latch over. To set self clean you just press the clean button then set the hours you want self clean to run then press start.