Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have aGE oven Profile Performance, Tru Temp 326B1230P001.

I have aGE oven Profile Performance, Tru Temp 326B1230P001. After using the oven on Bake, I pulled food items out and shut the door. It locked and cannot open. Is there a manual system of opening the oven door. I hear little clicking sounds with the door locked. Please assist me. Thanking you in advance [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Your model number is XXXXX coming up are you sure of the model number? Where did you get this number from? Did you get it from the book or off the oven itself? Is this a wall oven or a freestanding range?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is not a free standing oven. Built in. Profile Performance # XXXXX XXXXX Tru Temp There is GE microwave on top, then electric range and oven on bottom.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, so the oven and microwave are connected together as one piece? If so open the microwave door and look on the sides inside for a model number, a different one than the one you gave me, I can bring that model number you gave me up, let me know if there is a different number, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Microwave - JVM1190SY001 Serial# XXXXX mfg. Feb. 2001
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Okay the microwave and this is separate from the oven, the oven has its own controls correct? I know what's wrong but can't seem to bring up the oven itself with the other number you gave me, I did bring up the microwave with that number, the model number on the oven should also start with a J, like JB or some kind a combination like that, I just can't bring up the oven with the other number, did the number you gave me, the oven itself? Where was it located? I'm sorry for all the questions but I just can't bring your model up,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I took the number off the front of the owner manual - I'm not the owner - The owner had handwritten it on the manual. However, on the manual I see a JKP85 and a JTP85. Hopefully this will be of help. Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay that's close enough to find the part, there are actually more numbers to that model number but that is the beginning of the model number, what your problem is, the door lock/latch assembly has failed, I'm going by a partial number however but I believe this is the latch assembly, as you can see there are switches on it, one of the switches has failed so that's what the noise you hear is, the motor is trying to run on the latch assembly and that's a noise you hear, you will need to replace your latch assembly, however it's best to get the full model number to make sure we get the correct part, if you click this blue link you will see what I mean, there is a list of model numbers there and I can't be sure which one is yours about the rest of your numbers, click this link and you will see what I mean. if you can't find the rest of the model number you may need to call a technician in to take this apart and see which latch assembly you have in yours and replace it for you,, I wish I could do more for you but unfortunately the model number is XXXXX short so I can't really bring up diagrams without having the full model number, hope this info is useful though, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Bryan - As I mentioned I'm not the owner. I'm visiting my sister-in-laws condo in FL. I thought to resolve the problem quickly as I'm leaving the condo on Tues. However, I will inform my "sis" that she will need to call for a technician. Thanks for trying to help solve the problem. By-the-by - I L O V E Tenn. Spent many weekends in Mufreesboro attending nieces & nephews college events. And Opry Hotel at Christmas time - totally awesome.

Also, this is a"first" for me to go on-line. I want to pay you the $28. BUT do not wish to make this an ongoing account. So, please destroy the number when completing transaction. Thaks again - Norma

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry there wasn't a quick fix, you wouldn't have wanted to be in Tennessee yesterday that's for sure, we got hammered by a major storm, golf ball size hail and a tornado was run over our head, clouds spinning in all directions right above us, my whole yard was a lake because of the river in the back but luckily my house is up on a hill so no damage there, really scary storm though, thank you so much, enjoy the rest of your weekend, and once you press the accept button you can just close the question, the $28 you put up is just for this question and you will be charged anymore after that, thanks and well wishes, Bryan