Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my triton XL dishwasher is making a loud motor-like sound at

my triton XL dishwasher is making a loud motor-like sound at begining of wash cycle. What is causing this? it's usually quiet.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you get me the full model number? Thanks, Bryan

PS, this should be on a tag on one of the side walls inside the dishwasher or possibly on the top of the door when you open it,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
gsd6200g00bb
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
You most likely have something down in your chopper assembly on this, usually it's a piece a small glass for a piece of plastic that gets down inside the chopper and is usually louder at the beginning of the cycle before all the water is in, what you need to do is remove part number 506 on this diagram and carefully reach down into the chopper assembly and remove any debris down in the cup, this is a common issue with these, you will need a 1/4" nutdriver usually to remove the screen number 506, just be careful when you reach down inside not to cut yourself, sometimes will be a piece of sharp glass or something in there, let me know if this works, thanks, Bryan