Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Whirlpool Gold oven wont heat up all the way. Do I need

My Whirlpool Gold oven won't heat up all the way. Do I need to relight the pilot light? If so, how?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you get me the model number? These don't have pilots anymore they have igniters and most likely that's the problem, how hot does it get?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you know where I would find the model number?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
If this has the drawer full of drawer out and it should be a tag with the model number on one of the sides,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay this has spark igniters in it, can you tell me how high the temperature gets? Say you set it at 350 how high does it get do you know? Have you put a thermometer in there to see?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Unfortunately, I don't have an oven thermometer so I don't know.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Well the most common problem with this type of range with this problem is the gas valve fails, they have had a ton of problems with these,you can't replace this yourself this has to be done by a qualified technician unfortunately, the valve is $114.95 plus the service water that might be in your area, hope this helps at least you know how much the part is so you won't get taken, thanks, Bryan