Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a CPD227 DACOR double oven (1995) that stopped operating.

Customer Question

I have a CPD227 DACOR double oven (1995) that stopped operating. I get "beeping" and an error message on the function panel. The local DACOR reps (in CT) claim it is an electronic control board failure and that circuit board is no longer available. The circuit diagram spells out the controller as an ERC 5800. What is the specific part number for this item. I found a possible source for this item but need a part number to be sure. Thanks for your advice.

Best Regards,

Lahmer Lynds
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

what was the code? the error message?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I see F0 and occaisionally F1 with continuous "beeping"
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

This is the meaning of both of those codes.

F0Clock pushbutton is stuck in a depressed position Check clock buttons
F1Element relay circuit failureControl board may be bad

this is what it says in the error code section since you replaced the control board it seems to me that one of the clock buttons is stuck, can you tell me which board you replaced,? There are like three boards in this oven, do you know the part number of the board you replaced?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I haven't opened up the system or replaced any boards.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay sorry I misread that, as far as the boards go they are available, however if you need to control panel bezel this may not be available. And because of the cost of the boards it is my recommendation that you have a technician come out and test this for you, you need to be absolutely sure first off which board if it is a board is bad, this one is $209.00 and this one is $105.50 but if it turns out to be the keypad(Bezel) then they're saying that is no longer available, so if you call so one and they find out the keypad assembly is bad there still gonna charge you a service call so you might end up paying and it may not be able to be fixed, but at least you know the control boards are available and how much they are, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you Bryan. I will take your advice and have a technician come out here and test the boards before I do anything else. I will get back to you when armed with more information.

Best Regards,

Lahmer Lynds

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay that's fine, just reply if you need any more information that I can help you with and I will get the reply, thanks and well wishes, Bryan