Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Amana Refrigerator Model SCD 22TBW will not cool on the

My Amana Refrigerator Model SCD 22TBW will not cool on the refrigerator side. The freezer side has ce on the inside and is only cool on the bottom shelves. What is the possible problem? Can you give me a estimate about how much it will cost to have it repaired?

Thank you,

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Hi Judy ,Is there any Frost on the back panel inside the freezer behind the food? Remove the food and check real good on your fingernails down the back panel inside, also is the fan in the freezer running? Let me know thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Bryan,
The back panel is covered with ice. I don't hear a fan running.
Okay, be Amana refrigerator is famous of this, 90% of the time it is the defrost thermostat that is failed, the total cost if this is the case which I believe is would be around $140.00 to have a service tech come out and take care of this, we do a lot of these and like I said it's usually the defrost thermostat, hope this helps thanks and well wishes, Bryan