Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

SHE 46 continues to fill with water without cutting off. With

Customer Question

SHE 46 continues to fill with water without cutting off. With unit off, water continues to fill to overflow. Must turn on and drain about every 20 minutes or there is an overflow onto the floor. With unit on, drain continues running even with door open. Had to cut off water supply from house. Is this water inlet valve problem? Can I replace the water inlet valve myself? Has been replaced before. If replaceable, what is the part number. thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

You will need to replace the electronic water inlet valve,this is located in the front left corner under the door, there will be a panel you need to remove to gain access to it, you can order this part at the following blue link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/1105846 hope this helps, thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is this a replacement that one with moderate skill can do? Are any special tools required?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it's not real difficult to do, once you get the panel off under the door the access panel, there are two screws that hold this in, a plug, the water line from the sink and one to the tub, that's really it, I'm sure if you pull a panel off and take a look at it you will see what I'm talking about, just make sure you shut the water off under the sink and the circuit breaker to the machine, I believe you can take care this yourself, the only special tool you need would be a set of torx screwdrivers which are fairly cheap at any hardware store or Lowe's, thanks, Bryan