Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

My Kenmore front load washer is making a loud knocking sound

My Kenmore front load washer is making a loud knocking sound during the spin cycle and is vibrating pretty hard. The belt came off which i put back on and it has remained on. In wathcing it spin from the front panel it sounds like in the left rocker arm is where this may be coming from but not sure. The spin cycle itself doesn't seem to be consistent and get the water out like normal.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.

Does it sound like the outter tub is banging against the outside wall of the machine? or does it sound like the inner basket is banging against the side of the outter tub?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hmm, I don't believe the outer tub is hitting against the outside wall. This sits on two rocker / shock type arms. It could be the inner drum but again not sure.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok this is a common problem with this model washer. The problem here is the tub bearing is worn and will need to be replaced. Unfortunately the bearing is not sold separately which means the entire rear half of the tub will need to be replaced.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.