Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a kenmore model 110 probably 5 yrs old . When it try

I have a kenmore model 110 probably 5 yrs old ?. When it try to agitate it make a loud gringing noise and won't agitate. and before this does not really spin fast. Is it worthwhile to fix it?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you get me the full model number?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model 110 then #92273100
Okay great found your model, when you say this isn't spinning correctly I you sure it's spinning at all? Have you lifted the lid and put this in spin and there is a hole that the post on the lid goes through on the top of the machine have you pushed the switch down with a pencil while it's in spin to make sure it's actually spinning? The reason I ask this is because it could be your motor coupling that's broke, this is not a hard fix if that's what it is, can you put this in the spin mode lift the lid and push the button down with a pencil and let me know if the tub actually spins?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i ll try
ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when i first started machine now it was gringing bad, then when i moved dial to spin it agitates fine, but not it is grinding really bad again. l
Okay so when you have it in spin this agitates? It's agitating in the spin cycle?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the water drained but when i opened door i could see that it was not spinning. i think its that coupler you spoke of. any idea how much for repairman to fix?
You're probably looking at about $120.00 with the part if it is the coupling, do you feel you can work on this yourself? Do you have some tools and are handy? It's hard to say because you said it was agitating if it is the coupling because when the coupling breaks this won't agitate either, the coupling does what a belt does and runs the transmission, in other words it's the only link between the motor and transmission, so if it's agitating that means the motor and transmission must be still connected unless it broke completely the last time you tried it for me, this is the coupling, I can send you a video if you wish to show you how to take the machine apart and check this, let me know and I will be glad to do that for you, thanks, Bryan