Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an LG french door refridgerator and the ice maker has

I have an LG french door refridgerator and the ice maker has stopped working. it is not doing anything. Any tips on how i can repair this issue myself.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Look inside the icemaker itself. Is there any ice or water inside the icemaker mold ready to harvest?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, there is not. The water is also not filling into the tray.
ok then the best thing to do is determine if there is an issue with water getting to your icemaker, or if your icemaker is just not cycling and calling for water. Fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and just wait 24 hours. If it doesn't cycle and dump the ice, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.