Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How can I unlock my self cleaning oven door

How can I unlock my self cleaning oven door?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This means that your thermal fuse shorted out on your oven behind the control panel. You'll need to open the bottom door. If it's locked shut, you'll need to use a coat hanger and pull the latch assembly from RIGHT to LEFT by slipping it down between the door and the oven frame at the top. Force the latch over to the left and open the door, then you can open the door. Look down at the left and right trim near the bottom and there is a screw going in to each side. Remove each screw and the trim will unclip from the bottom and pull out and straight down. That will expose a screw up at the top (bottom of the control panel). Remove these screws and the control panel will pull off. There is a thermal fuse in a clear plastic shrink wrap attached to the control board. You'll need to order and replace this part.