Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How do I replace my whirlpool cold control switch

How do I replace my whirlpool cold control switch?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is this what you need to replace ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes; man, that took a while. ;)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Since for some reason I have two windows open for the same problem, I will close one now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Sorry and as soon as you replied my computer locked up, here is the diagram and the call control is number 9, what you need to do is number 25 is just a snapped on cover so pull knobs 26 and 27 off and take a small screwdriver and work at along the cover number 25, it's just a strip and behind that there are 1/4" nutdriver screws they are usually gold in color and marked number 13 (2) on the diagram remove them and then you need to remove the ones marked number 7 (2) then the control panel will come down and you can take the call control out then the capillary tube runs from the cold control down the side I think on this one so you may need to take the side trim along the top on the left side off also to put the capillary tube in the correct position. Here's the diagram, once you get it apart it's pretty easy, just make sure you unplug the refrigerator before attempting repair, the have any further questions I will be checking my replies as the night goes on until about eight o'clock Eastern standard Time, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bryan, let me check this out and give it a shot. Give me a bit of time, but will have final comments NLT 8 pm EST. And no worries, I'll hit accept once done. Be back in a bit.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok you can do this I'm sure. H25 is just a thin plastic plate like cover.they call it an Escutcheon, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
O.K. I got it done. There was a channel cover on the upper left side I had to remove plus a smaller plastic cover in the back to get access to the thermocouple that was wrapped around some foam insulator. That, along with the other control rode made it a trick - but it appears to be running. Now since this doesn't mess up until about 2 to 7-days into running (my guess when the automatic defrost kicks in), I won't won't know if that switch solves the problem. That being said I would assume my question can remain open until then? I will hit accept answer as long as I know I can come back at a later time to further troubleshoot if necessary. What say you?

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
yes the question remains open after you accept for 30 days, if you still have an issue get back to me. I'll be more than happy to help you further, just let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I hit accept - thanks for the help. May God bless.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
it didnt come through so you may need to hit accept again, I'll be back later today to check if you need more help, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I hit accept, didn't go through last night? Do I get a confirmation e-mail to the effect if it did?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

no it didnt go through to me unfortunetly, when it does I get a check mark and it says accepted, they already7 took your deposit thats why it shows that the payment went through but if the accept doesnt go through I dont get paid, you paid someone else for telling you what was wrong but didnt for me. you can see this here

How do I replace my whirlpool cold control switch? $28 Waiting for You 4/4/2011 8:41 PM byCustomer
Our refrigerator-freezer stops cooling; but after turning the $28 Accepted by Customer 3/19/2011 12:15 PM byCustomer
see how the bottom one says accepted by customer and the top one (mine) doesnt? you had two questions open and accepted the other one, he should have told you how to replace it all in one question, thanks Bryan