Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

i have a roper model #rtw444oxq washing machine. during the

i have a roper model #rtw444oxq washing machine. during the wash cycle, it filled with water but did not drain. there is no action from any of the settings on the dial. there is power to the machine, and to the lid switch when the lid is open, but when i close the lid, i get no voltage reading. could this be the switch, or something deeper in the machine? thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.

So to clarify we have a machine that filled agitated but did not spin or drain? If you move the dial to agitate does the machine agitate?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there is no response from the dial on any setting
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
And you hear no noise?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok sounds to me like the timer is the issue or a bad motor. Although this is a roper machine it was made by whirlpool and is a direct drive machine. Click HERE to download a service manual for this type of machine. This will help you with checking the motor and the timer. I would check the motor first using the instructions in the manual and if the motor checks out ok then replace the timer. Ensure the problem is not the lid switch by bypassing it and running the machine.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.