Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience:  33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.

How to manually regenerate softener (culligan model 1504C1320)

Customer Question

How to manually regenerate softener (culligan model 1504C1320) after adding Iron Out
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Craig replied 5 years ago.
You can do a manual regen too

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That absolutely was NOT my question!
Expert:  Craig replied 5 years ago.
What is your question? You ask about regeneration, what more can I do to help? Please don't be upset, it's not over until you are happy , ask questions please..
To do a regeneration immdiately; The Soft-Minder meter utilizes a turbine impeller to accurately monitor the customers water usage.
After a predetermined
amount of water has passed through the system, the microprocessor will
signal a regeneration. The “REG” enunciator will light at this point. The unit will perform a standard
regeneration cycle at the preset time, unless the programming option “dip 2” is changed from “DEL”
to “Id”. When programming option “dip 2” is changed from “DEL” to “Id”, a regeneration
will begin
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Holy Hanna. OK, I finally found your reply. Let's interact . . . All right, . . . . I rented and then purchased a Cullagan water softener. They conveniently do not hand you an owner's manual so that you can know how to keep it up. Five years later I wake up to water blasting through the pipes. I call them, a guy shows up, fixes whatever is broke, then tells me to add Iron Out every 3 months. I'm thinking to myself, why in ‘holy heck' did no one ever once tell me about this?! I would have been doing this from the start.

OK, so I went out and purchased Iron Out. The side of the bottle says to dissolve 1 cup in ½ gallon of water and then manually regenerate water softener. I (stupidly) thought the button labeled "regen" meant that if I pushed it, it would manually regen. NOPE! Nada. So I began pushing this button and that, not I haven't a clue if it will cycle when it's supposed to now that I've reached the ‘beyond pissed off' point.

Expert:  Craig replied 5 years ago.
So sorry to hear about this. It's like operating the space shuttle I guess! I just want you to go back and program the numbers again if you think it's not right. Just follow your instructions and put in the numbers. That should bring it back to normal for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

A: I need to manually regen. because I have already added the enormous amount of Iron Out. So that must be accomplished first.

B: I absolutely DO need to ensure everything is programmed as it should be; but since no one felt they should leave these numbers behind (don't forget; I am a woman so why on earth would they leave me info that could help), I have no clue as to what the system should be set at.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have no numbers to input because I I was never given an owners manual.
Expert:  Craig replied 5 years ago.
Here is a manual for you click here to download it. let me know if you need more help.

Culligan water softener