Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

on hot water setting,washer fills about 20 sec w/cold water then water shuts off. this is

on hot water setting,washer fills about 20 sec w/cold water then water shuts off. this is even when hot water line disconnected.
Water temp setting switch? is cold water suppose to be running

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

The water valve in this machine has a water temperature sensor on it, the sensor on the water valve is bad, this is all one piece however so you will need to replace the water valve itself, you can order this at the following link, this is the part your hoses from the house connect to, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is the washer suppose to run cold water prior to switching to hot?
it can at first then the sensor is supposed to switch it to hot only, this will also mix the water hot and cold when you put it on warm so yes it is possible, the sensor sends a signal back to the temperature control to send power to either the hot or the cold valve depending on what you have it set on, I find this to be the most common problem with this washer, as far as temperature controls go, thanks, Bryan