Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

hi i have a sub zreo and water is dripping from the ice maker.

hi i have a sub zreo and water is dripping from the ice maker. The only way i got it to stop was turning the water to the house off, any suggestion to stop the freezer from calling for water?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

You will need to replace the electronic water inlet valve to solve this problem, the valve is not closing tightly after it calls for water for the icemaker, this is a common problem the valve will look similar to this one, I can bring your model number diagrams up but if this has the grill along the top of the refrigerator where the compressor is that's usually when the valve is also open the grill on the top and you should see it, sometimes there is a panel behind the grill you may need to remove to get to it, this will solve your problem, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
but today to stop the water can i do something to maualy remove that valve or some way to stop the water from feeding?
Well there should be a shut off in the line from the house water line to the refrigerator, of course I'm not sure where would be in your home you will need to trace the line (copper) to its source, usually it will connect to a main water line in the basement if you have one but there issues he always a shut off between the refrigerator and the house water line, sometimes it's on one of the copper pipes in the basement and it's always a cold water pipe, you will have to locate the shut off, of course I'm not there so I can't tell you what you're set up looks like, but there will definitely be one if this was installed correctly which it probably was, just shut off the line going from the house pipe to the refrigerator, I wish I could tell you more but of course I'm not there so I don't know where it would be in your home, hope this information is useful, thanks, Bryan