Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We own a Frigidaire front load 4.4 Affinity washer. We are

We own a Frigidaire front load 4.4 Affinity washer. We are struggling to get the machine to the "clean washer" cycle. We hit cancel, turn the knob to "spin only", but can not get the maching to select the "clean washer" cycle. We have attempted to "unlock" the control panel (it was successful), but the machine continually reverts back to the "fresh water rinse" cycle. What are we doing incorrectly? Should we request appliance service?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you get us the full model number?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

Thanks in advance. Here is what I am able to share.

(1) Affinity 4.4 tub, white

(2) I have some model and seriel #'s but I think they are the bottom storage units

Model LAQE7000LWO

I can't find anything on the other manuals or on the washer.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay the model number you gave me his for the dryer, if you open the door there should be a tag with the model number on it, can you check that?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is LAFW7000LWO the washer? I found that after I emailed, but they wouldn't allow me to edit. Sorry
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Yes that is it, your problem is the control board interface, part number one on this diagram, it will need to be replaced, this requires quite a bit of labor and you need to be careful not to break any of the plastic parts on the control assembly because this can be very expensive to replace, if you feel you are not able to do this I would definitely call for service and have somebody replace it for you, the part is $108.49, I tell you this so you will know how much the part is so when you call a technician they don't overcharge you, this happens quite a bit so beware of the price so you do run into this, if you think you can replace this yourself you can order the part at the following blue link,

http:/ / hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. I hope this machine is still under warranty. BTW, I hate it. It has a mildew odor that we can't get rid of. Have a great day.