Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

One more follow-up question on replacing the igniters on the

One more follow-up question on replacing the igniters on the Frigidaire gas range. Is there a way to remove the whole top of the range if the screws holding the burners in do not come out or start to break off? If they break off then I've read they need to be drilled out, but I'm wondering if they could be removed from the bottom also if they cook top could be lifted off?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan, I will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Unfortunately no, if you try to lift the top without taking the screws out of the burner assemblies you will bend the aluminum gas lines that run to the burners possibly even break him which you do not want to do for sure, unfortunately this is a common problem on these ranges, the screws often break or strip trying to remove them, in most cases if you break them you will need to drill them out unfortunately and replace the screws, sometimes if the screw head breaks off once you get the top up you can grab ahold what's left of the screw with a pair of pliers or even better vicegrips and remove the rest of the screw, there is no other way to lift the top without removing the burner screws, sorry, but try and lift the top of taking the screws out you will damage the gas lines by either kinking or breaking them, hope this information helps, thanks, Bryan