Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My LG regfrigerator intermittently makes a squeaking sound.

My LG regfrigerator intermittently makes a squeaking sound. Ive changes the filter but it persist. It is 5 years old. What is it is??? Thanks You
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Does this squeaking sound come from inside the freezer compartment? When you open the freezer door can you hear it coming from in there? Or does it sound like it's coming from the rear of the refrigerator? If you pull away from the wall,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not sure Once I thoought it was in the refrigerator freezer but then I think its coming from the right side of the refrigerator. ( looking at the doors). Sounds like a bird tweeting real fast.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Yeah it's one of your fans, there are two fans one is the evaporator fan which is in the freezer section the other is the condenser fan which is in the back of the refrigerator next to the compressor, you will need to pull a refrigerator away from the wall and remove the bottom panel and see if the noise is coming from the fan next the compressor, this fan is more likely to do it then the evaporator fan in yours because the evaporator fan in the freezer is a 13 V DC fan which usually don't make this squeaking sound, the condenser fan in the back is the most likely cause but you will need to listen to make sure, the condenser fan is 115 V fan as more likely to make this noise than the evaporator fan, let me know which one is making the noise and I will get you a link to purchase the part, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Who would fix this refrigerator under warrenty. in Fernandina Beach Fl area.