Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my roper dryer barrel is not turning. is there a fuse in it

my roper dryer barrel is not turning. is there a fuse in it that needs to be changed?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you get us the full model number? You say the drum is not turning but does the dryer start? Can you hear the motor running or does it do nothing?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Brian.

I now have the #s

MOd RES7745PQo

Ser MR3931914

the heating element is working.

the motor is running

Okay it is a broken belt, but to get to the belt you need to go into the front of the dryer, luckily I have a video that shows you how to replace the belt, and he can also by the belt at the link I'm going to give you, first here is the belt, and here is the link that will take you to the parts and the video on how to replace the belt, watch the video and you will see how to replace this, I hope this information is useful, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan is there any way to save this video? we did not know how to get to he belt and it was helpful. My son-in-law is coming over later and will try this.
What I would do is just leave this question open after you accept and you can just come back on and click on the link again, it will stay there just don't close to question after you accept, the question won't go away so you will be able access again when you son in law gets there, thanks, Bryan