Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have a kenmore ,elite with an error code 51 , what does this

i have a kenmore ,elite with an error code 51 , what does this mean

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Motor RPS Failure

F then 51 flashes when there is a motor rotor position sensor (RPS) failure.

he replaced the wrong part, he should've replaced the assembly shown above, this is a big job and I would recommend you attempt yourself, I would call him back and then take the board out and replace the motor rotor position sensor assembly, I don't know why you would replace the board if the error code was 51, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They didnt even ask about the error code or , wait to see if it was fixed, they replaced the board on a recall under warranty, do you have a part number for the part you reccomend,and where to buy, with replace procedures? he also said he heard a bearing that was going bad which he said was a 500 dollar repair
Sure I can tell you would a buy it and how much, did the error code come up and all before he replace the board? Here is the link to buy the part, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Sensor-or-Thermistor/1394136?modelNumber=110.27092602 it's actually only $86.75 as far as replacement procedures I really can't explain how to replace this, I can however give you diagrams that helps, the rotor is part number 21 on this diagram, because with the new wire harness and all too, as far as the bearing goes if you have a bad bearing and it's gonna run you $500.00 plus the rotor you're looking at over $600 with tax I'm not sure how much you want to spend on this, here is a link to all the diagrams for your machine, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-elite-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-11027092602/0583/0153200?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=11027092602 hope this helps, thanks and well wishes, Bryan