Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

The icemaker is not sending water to the moulds. The infered

The icemaker is not sending water to the moulds. The infered unit is working but not sending water. I think it is more than likely the water pump.???? This is a double door, side by side freezer/refrigerator. Model #EDJHAXMLOO
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Well it's not really considered a pump it's the electronic water inlet valve, this model number is XXXXX coming up, can you recheck it and see if maybe you missed a number or letter or one could be wrong? Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
According to the the info on te owners book, the Model # XXXXX XXXXX and he SN is(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay you really can't go by the book, I know that sounds funny, open the refrigerator door and on either the side walls or the ceiling there will be a tag with the model number on it can you check there? Thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ED5JHAXMLOO

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did you receive the change in Model #?

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Yes I got it sorry, I had a phone call come in, okay let me take a look and I'll get back to you in a few minutes, thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay, there are a few things you need to check, first of all I you sure that the icemaker is cycling? I the fingers turning? Second the water comes into the ceiling of the freezer in this model you need to make sure that the tube is an frozen, the black tube above the icemaker it comes down through the ceiling, feel with your fingers and squeeze it see if it's frozen, third if it is not frozen there on the back of the refrigerator if you pull away from the wall this should be a connector on the tubing going to the icemaker, disconnect it and try blowing through the tube and see if you can blow through it into the freezer, if you cannot it means it's frozen up in the ceiling of the freezer which is very common on this model, have you heard the icemaker calling the water? Have you heard a buzz in the back of the refrigerator coming from the valve at all, this valve is located where the water line from your house connects in the back of the refrigerator let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not able to do the tests tonight. How do I contact you tomorrow or monday.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
You can contact me tomorrow that's fine, I'm getting tired myself anyway, just come back on tomorrow and reply in your reply will automatically be forwarded to me, we can get to it tomorrow I should be on by 8 AM or so and I will check then, if you sleep in that's no problem either just come back on when you feel up to it, thanks and we'll talk tomorrow, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The water tube is open, the black tube is not frozen on the end and the fingers will cycle but I had to release the fingers with a small screwdriver where the lever that stops it from making ice usually is. There is no lever on this model but it has a small button with a slot to turn it off. I have not heard any sounds coming from the icemaker at all.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay what position where the fingers in when you had to release them? I know there's no lever that stops this icemaker the electronic eye does that, that's the red light on the right side when you open the freezer door, your sure that is working correctly? When you open the door it should be blinking and if you pushed the flap in on the other side without covering the hole the beam goes through does the light stay on steady?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes the light stays on steady. The fingers were on top and facing forward toward the door.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay sorry my computer locked up, okay if the fingers were straight across facing towards the door they seem to be in the correct position which tells me the icemaker cycled and stopped where was supposed to, this means the valve is bad, the valve is located in the back of the refrigerator where your water line connects, to remove the hoses from this on the picture you can see to blue and one orange ring, push the rings in towards a valve and pull the hoses out, these are quick connects, you can order this valve at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/949403?modelNumber=ED25RFXFB00%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20 thanks for you patience and I'm sorry it took a little while to get back to you but I had to reboot the computer and I was having trouble with locking up, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.