Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Kenmore Coldspot drain hole plugged. Found this while defrosting

Kenmore Coldspot drain hole plugged. Found this while defrosting my "frost-free" refer. Tried "snake" thru freezer compartment - - only goes in about 1/2" then stops SOLID. Tried same snake from mouth of drain tube - - got about four ft. up until solid stoppage. drain pan has some stains but is dry as a bone. Is there a manufacturing peculiarity to this drain system?

Type C21TFA95; Model 70182001.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

this is frozen down in the tube itself. Ihe best way to clear that is buy boiling water and pour it down the tube then using and turkey baster suck it out when it colls and do it again until the ice clears from the drain, you will never push the ice out with a snake, you have to melt it. this may take a while but should clear it out, make sure the water is real hot and when it cools suck it out and do it again. hope this helps. thanks Bryan